The Unborn Child
“There’s something profoundly unnatural about this child. Her skin is a cerulean blue, her features elfin, her eyes too wide and her teeth pointed and many rowed, like those of a shark. It’s her hair that’s her most distinguishing feature – long strands of kelp, studded with bulbs and soaked with brine – that hang down across her face. Her clothes, a well-tailored dress made for a child, are thoroughly sodden, leaving a puddle of seawater on the deck at her bare, webbed feet. She looks at you with an askance glance, looking through you and into some void you cannot comprehend.”
Female Water Genasi Sorcerer 12
It should not be possible, the sudden appearance of Ovette Whick’s unborn child on the Hammerhead, days and weeks after her death – yet here she is, all the same. The product of her halfling mother and her Aquan father, Weed is a curious and unsettling child, displaying incredible magical potential and very little self-control. With a child’s love of fairy tales and storybooks, she views the crew as her immediate family, casting Nasira as her mother, Hakari as her father and Korbin as her instructor. She seeks ever to reunite with her father, despite the best efforts of her evil stepmother, the Lady of Weeds, to prevent this.
Weed’s bizarre upbringing, young age and protean nature often conspire to manifest strange changes in her appearance and demeanor, shifting seemingly at random. Occasionally, she’ll appear much older or younger or she’ll be taken with singing or crying or her skin shall be translucent or studded with coral. Neither she nor her allies can quite predict what mood will next strike the queer young changeling.
Race: Water Genasi
Age: 5? 6?
Weight: 30 lbs
Hair: Green (seaweed)
Level 13: 120,000
- Driftwood Staff (attuned)
- Trident of Fish Command (attuned)
- Flaw (Inhuman): For attacking Captain Borothea and attempting to make her drown like Mommy did. ( Episode 22)
- Personality Trait (Protean): For her wild mood swings and physical changes. ( Episode 27)
- Personality Trait (Curious): For following the mysterious voice in the mist of her own accord. ( Episode 32)
- Personality Trait (Storyteller): For encouraging the qayid in his very boring stories ( Episode 38)
- Personality Trait (Curious): For her curiosity about Shipbreaker ( Episode 41)
- Flaw (Inhuman): For treating the death of Takiyok like a broken toy ( Episode 49)
- Personality Trait (Curious): For transforming into a bubblefly and investigating the ship perched atop the mountain peak ( Episode 54)
- Personality Trait (Storyteller): For writing an in-character fairy tale ( Episode 57)